We have known for a long time that green tea has numerous health benefits, including helping you lose weight.
So how wonderful is that we as a tea-drinking nation can lose weight just by doing what we have been doing anyway – drinking tea? Now you just need to replace some of your normal tea with KouTea and have your “cuppa” and lose weight at the same time!
This is why were very interested to investigate the claims made by the makers of KouTea, a proprietary blend of green, oolong, pu-erh, and white teas.
The tea makers claim that this tea is the easiest way to lose weight and get healthy without any of the side effects attached to other diet supplements and pills.
We decided to review this product because it is simple and risk-free, and we also know that the big drug companies send a deceiving message about this type of diet aid, because there is no money to be made from selling it even if it is highly effective.
We were also intrigued that numerous celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez and Johnny Depp drink these teas on a regular basis to help keep their weight under control and for the other health benefits they provide.
How it Works?
This tea has been used in China for thousands of years for a variety of ailments. Green tea contains a large number of antioxidants called polyphenols. These antioxidants rid your body of free radicals that cause disease, but they also boost your metabolic rate and burn extra calories every day. They also stimulate the body’s process that dissolves excess fat called triglycerides. The catechins in green tea also help burn away fat.
This ancient tea helps boost the metabolism and regulate blood sugar levels, both of which can lead to weight loss. Just like green tea, drinking oolong tea burns extra calories every day. This tea contains a variety of antioxidants as well as other essential nutrients like Vitamins A, B, C and E. It also contains calcium, potassium and other important minerals.
This type of tea was also used in Asia during ancient times for weight control and other health problems. It helps you digest your food more readily so that your body doesn’t have as much time to absorb the fat and harmful carbohydrates present. The antioxidants help to lower your bad cholesterol by removing harmful free radicals from your body. This is the least know of the teas used in KouTea, but it is an important addition that makes this weight loss aid stand out from the crowd.
This tea is very mild and tasty because it is taken from the highest quality portion of the plant. It contains catechins and polyphenols as well, and is known for its ability to promote circulation, lower blood pressure and control cholesterol levels. It also speeds up your metabolism and aids your body’s natural fat burning capabilities.
Numerous studies have been done on the catechins present in high concentrations in all four of these teas.
- The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition did a study in 2009 showing that drinking green tea as opposed to black tea (which contains 22 milligrams of catechins as opposed to 660 for green tea) resulted in twice as much weight loss, as well as a decrease in body mass index, or BMI. White tea contains at least twice as many catechins as the green tea used in this study.
- Another study on catechins, published in 2007 in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, showed that they help metabolize fat more quickly than normal.
- A recent study of white tea concluded that the tea blocks new fat cell growth and increases mobilization of mature fat cells.
- A study conducted at the Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center in Maryland found that participants who drank oolong tea every day burned almost 70 calories more than those who drank only water. They also found that the fat oxidation rate was higher in the tea drinkers.
- Finally, a Linus Pauling Institute study reported that men who drank a mixture of oolong and green teas lowered their weight, waist size and BMI significantly more than those who drank just oolong tea.
KouTea Side Effects
There are no known side effects caused by drinking this blend of teas, except for those who have a sensitivity to teas or allergy related to caffeine. This effect is diminished because these four teas have a lot less caffeine than normal tea such as Earl Gray or black tea. Always ask for a doctor’s opinion before taking dietary supplement.
How To Make KouTea?
It is a simple process. Boil water and allow it to cool slightly. Then, add the tea bag into the water and allow it to steep for three to five minutes, or until the desired strength is obtained. You can make it stronger if you would like to. If you would like to make more than one cup, just double the recipe accordingly. You can also add other flavorings, such as organic honey to make it a bit sweeter if you like. Drink it cold or hot.
Drink 2-4 cups every day. You can re-use each tea bag up to 2 times.
The scientific studies conducted on the teas in this mixture show that it is possible to lose weight without changing your diet and exercise habits, but losing 20 pounds in a month is not a realistic goal.
This being said, there is no denying the health benefits of antioxidants and catechins, and the makers of KouTea have done their research by putting the four teas in the world with the highest concentrations of these important compounds in their formulation.
If you are serious about losing weight, boosting your metabolism, and keeping diseases at bay, then we conclude that KouTea is a great dietary aid for you, especially when combined with a change in lifestyle that includes and improved diet and increased activity and exercise.